Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introduction to Banquo...aka me :)

"If you can look into the seeds of time,and say which grain will grow and which will not, speak to me then." That was precisely what I had said to the witches, for i am not a man of the supernatural belief. I am a man of religion, a man who's faith rests with the upper power. Most see me as Macbeth's cohort. However I am the thane of Cawdor's best friend. I am also a general in King Duncan's Scottish Army. Me and my good friend Macbeth have recently been victorious, destroying Sweno and Macdonwald. I can only hope that my sins can be forgiven. Nothing gives me the right to take someone else's life and I hope that the lord will forgive this dark deed. I have a young son. His name is Fleance. He is destined for greatness, whether he becomes king or not. I may not have much. Unlike my good friend Macbeth, I am not meant to have much, that is if the witch's speak the truth (very unlikely). However I am happy with my little world. It consists of me, my son, my wife, my dearest friends, and my allegiance to the crown. That's all that I will need. I live for the greater good. If you tread down the darker paths, then do not drag me down alongside, dear ones. Do not try to blind me by befriending me, but seek guidance from the lord. I preach but I am not a priest. I enjoy spending time with my family, fighting for justice in battle and reading. I enjoy visiting far off places in my books. Too old I may be to go to those places, but it never hurts to dream. I really hate those who commit deeds of terrible sins and go unpunished and those who punish those who have never ever even tread on the dark path. I believe in a civil and just society where those of crime are punished and those of better deeds are rewarded. My favourite pastime is eating lemon cheesecake in the open meadows and listening to Fleance read to me. It pains me that I must bid adieu now but one cannot simply just understand someone by reading their blogs, but one can know someone a little more thoroughly so do not fret my dear friends for their is more about me coming soon which may give you more of an insight. Until tomorrow, good day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment