Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Witches' prophecy

Scotland is known to be full of mystical secrets. However none were as mesmerizing as the ones that I had encountered last night. After our victorious battle against the King of Norway we walked triumphantly through Forres when three witches had appeared out of nowhere. Aged creatures they were, with beards too. Then I heard them most bizarre claims that had me befuddled. The witches tell Macbeth that he will become Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor and King of Scotland. Curious I ask these creatures for my future as well. As for me, the witches prophesy that I will be both lesser and greater than Macbeth, not so happy but happier, not king myself but father of a line of kings. At first I thought that the witches were playing us. However not much later, Macbeth's father died making him Thane of Glamis. No sooner after that, Ross and Angus had appeared informing us that Macbeth had been made Thane of Cawdor. The only prophecy left is the one about Macbeth becoming king but that is quite impossible. The only way that can ever happen is if His Majesty King Duncan dies, but the crown would go to his son; Donaldbain or Malcolm. I laugh at the witches' ideas now. They are known to be clever and cunning. However I see a flicker of excitement in Macbeth's eyes. He can't possibly believe these witches. Hmm, however who knows? Anything is possible. They say I will father a line of Kings. If Macbeth became Thane, then maybe I can father kings as well. How great young Fleance will be. However King Duncan is a great king. I am still happy with the way things are whether or not Fleance is King. Long live the King of Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment